Apple has had its share of amazing holiday ads. Perhaps the one that always sticks out in this writer’s mind is the 2013 spot. This is the one where a whole family drives to visit Grandma and one of the kids seems too focused on his iPhone instead of joining in on the holiday celebrations. And just when it seemed that this kid was going to end up disowned, he calls for the entire family to sit around the television so they can watch the touching family video he created with his iPhone.
If this is Apple’s 2022 Holiday video, it also is a promo for the Audio Sharing feature for Apple headphones
Actually, the instructions from Apple are as follows:
- Wear your AirPods, and make sure they’re connected to your device.
- On your device, tap the Playback Destination button on the Now Playing screen, the Lock Screen, or in Control Center.
- Tap Share Audio (below the name of your headphones).
- Bring your friend’s headphones close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap Share Audio on your device.
- Ask your friend to tap Join on their device.
The small print on the bottom of Apple’s website notes that Audio Sharing “works with iPhone 8 or later and iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest version of iOS; and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation or later), 11-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), and iPad mini (5th generation or later) with the latest version of iPadOS.”
Apple wants you to “Share the joy” this holiday season
After jumping from a bridge, timing the leap perfectly to land in a truck that then turns to snow, our heroes give each other five and both turn into snow. Cue the tagline: “Share the joy.”
- AirPods (all generations).
- AirPods Pro (all generations).
- AirPods Max.
- Beats Fit Pro.
- Beats Flex.
- Beats Solo Pro.
- Beats Solo Wireless.
- Beats Studio Wireless.
- Beats X.
- Powerbeats Pro.
- Powerbeats Wireless.
The second-generation AirPods Pro was released this past September at a price of $249. No, wearing them does not give you the power to turn things into snow.